What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

IFly 740b

Cth6

Well Known Member
My RV has a 740b installed. After the last data update it is running wonky. Sluggish to respond to key clicks, NEMA data not getting to Trutrak, flight plans not responding like normal. That was the only change. Last updated it in June with no issues.

Does anyone know how to force a reload from the SD card? All of the files are current on the device already, so using the IFly connect app does not download anything.

Thanks!

The tech support at Adventure Pilot for iFly GPS units is superb. Might give them a try:

https://www.iflygps.com/Support/Get-Help

Love my iFly GPS ! :)

I am going to call them on Tuesday, but my experience to date with them has been lack luster. Found a significant bug, iOS devices can not update flight plans between themselves nor the 740b. They kept telling me it was how I was using it or one of my devices. Long story short, they now acknowledge that they did not address a change that came in the iOS 14 network stack. So still waiting for a fix to use what I would call basic functionality for an operating system change that happened last year.

I was hoping that someone here might have had the experience on how to fix so I can get back to using the GPS over the holiday weekend.

I use iFly connect and copy new data files to an SD card and then install the card at the airport. you will be able to upload the new data to another card only if the old card has a copy of existing data. my iFly drives my trio AP with NEMA.

I use iFly connect and copy new data files to an SD card and then install the card at the airport. you will be able to upload the new data to another card only if the old card has a copy of existing data. my iFly drives my trio AP with NEMA.

Just do a complete copy to make a duplicate SD card? Or are there specific folders to keep.

Just do a complete copy to make a duplicate SD card? Or are there specific folders to keep.

copy the complete card

the nice thing about the iFly is that it is readable in very bright conditions. I think it is the brightest screen available.

the dock is in "as new condition". the dock raised edge is nice in bumpy conditions as a hand rest to add stability to the fingers for the large screen.

I think I paid $350 for the 740b used.

IMG_20201222_173940.jpg

Last edited:
Back