What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Music & work….

JeremyL

Well Known Member
Soo after bucking hundreds of rivets thus far, I have found that a certain artist helps me buck beautiful rivets. I’m not sure why this is but I am good with it. I just pop on the Bose ANR headphones and crank the music to great rivets. So I’m curious, do any of you guys/gals have certain music or artists for building? Or even a different type of music or artist for certain build moments? A just for fun question….. (if you wanna know the artist, I’ll tell ya ;) ) haha

Soo after bucking hundreds of rivets thus far, I have found that a certain artist helps me buck beautiful rivets. I’m not sure why this is but I am good with it. I just pop on the Bose ANR headphones and crank the music to great rivets. So I’m curious, do any of you guys/gals have certain music or artists for building? Or even a different type of music or artist for certain build moments? A just for fun question….. (if you wanna know the artist, I’ll tell ya ;) ) haha

The radio in my shop is permanently tuned to both kinds of music...........Country & Western!

Music

I have a fairly large collection. 350+ CDs and maybe 100 Vinyl. It's a mix of old school rock, blues, jazz and country.
Several years back, I ripped the entire CD collection to lossless FLAC files. Files allow me to listen to my collection anywhere.
The entire collection is on a 128G USB micro drives in my receiver, my portable player, autos and an old laptop I installed Linux Mint. The laptop is my shop player with Bose speakers. Since it's all my music, I just let it run by song title in alphabetical order.
I love music.

I have a continuous stream to my CQ Headset with Bluetooth in the shop and airplane flowing a very dynamic mix from Segovia classical guitar, through the classics to the most obnoxious metal :). Tanya prefers her audio book for "work music" whether in the shop or airplane with our unique media pause auto-mute.

Hardy, Brothers Osborne, Pink Floyd, Mr. Big, Gotthard, Dream Theater, Styx, Disturbed, Alter Bridge, Roxette, Crash Test Dummies. I get tired of every kind of music but love all of it (except rap).

Usually played on a large Sony Bluetooth Speaker via my phone.

I listen to a wide variety of music, but depending on what I'm working on the words can mess me up. I can't think, read, or write well with other words being spoken/played; more than once I've caught myself typing lyrics into a report at work So, most of the time my working music (at work or in the shop) has no lyrics. Music with lyrics is for workouts, running, or the car.

Podcasts are great for walks and long car rides but I've found that trying to listen while working means I either miss the whole thing, or screw stuff up.

I wonder if this is related to the reason I find it so distracting when my wife or son visit me in the shop

old stereo equipment

upgrading my hangar music. you can find this stuff cheap these days. still determining the best location for the speakers.

IMG_20210722_152925.jpg

I shuffle my entire collection of all kinds of music on an IPod that connects to a bluetooth speaker. I usually pause it when anybody comes in because, as I usually explain it: "Nobody would understand..."

Nice play list!

Hardy, Brothers Osborne, Pink Floyd, Mr. Big, Gotthard, Dream Theater, Styx, Disturbed, Alter Bridge, Roxette, Crash Test Dummies. I get tired of every kind of music but love all of it (except rap).

Usually played on a large Sony Bluetooth Speaker via my phone.

To that I add Imagine Dragons, Linkin' Park, Foo Fighters and a whole host of Alternative.

-Marc

It's a mixed bag

I usually started each build session with ELO's "Hang On Tight To Your Dreams". Followed that with audio books. Michener can buck a truck load of rivets.

Back