What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel sender wire page 18-10

mc607

Well Known Member
The measurements on page 18-10 are wrong and apparently they?ve been that way for quite a while. Following are the measurements that finally worked for me.
Vertical measurement on drawing 4.292, as built 4-5/32?.
Horizontal measurement on drawing 4.153, as built 5-5/16? measured to the outside radius of float clip. I had the float in the clip for the as built measurement but I did remove it when I did all the bends. I found that two duck bill plyers worked well for bending the wire.

That's odd. I didn't have any issues using the values listed on page 18-10 to get full float travel to the 1/16" gap spec.

That?s worrisome because I thought everyone was having issues with this, that?s why I posted my results. I bent my first wire to the drawings exactly. Three hours later and multiple reworks I got it to work. I guess anyone performing this step should make a test piece first as some have mentioned. I can?t imagine what the variable would be except maybe the stops on the sender unit itself.

There was a pattern an RV-10 builder posted that worked perfectly, but it's not longer available. So much knowledge is lost because of missing images.

There is an extra set of bends that is necessary for proper fitment and top/bottom clearance that aren't in the manual.

Last edited:
Back