What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

fuel filters

bobnoffs

Well Known Member
i have an aeromotive inline fuel filter #12316. this has a 100 micron filter mesh. i would like to go a little finer, 70-80 micron and i am wondering if anyone has found a compatable filter cartridge from another mfgr. nothing available from aeromotive.

Holley makes some good fuel filters and canisters, search pn 162-566 and 162-565.

Fuel filtering from tank to engine goes from coarse to fine. Normal setup is "boulder" catcher at fuel pickup (kerfs in fuel pickup tube in tank), gascolator (120 micron), and finger screen assembly at carb (my plane). Carb "finger screen" is very fine, (Marvel pn 95-506); I can't find a micron value but it's visibly much finer than the gascolator screen.
So, at first blush it would not make sense to install something finer upstream of the gascolator.

i have no gascolator. my first filter out of the tank is the 100 micron inline i am talking about. after the pumps i have a 30 micron. walbro recommends a 70-80 before their pumps. that is what i am trying to do.

I believe that the filter that AFP includes in their pump kit is 80. I imagine that they sell just the filter. It has the advantage of built in flare fittings.

Larry

Flow Ezy has 74 micron filter elements. That is what I have for my pre-filters. I think their filters are similar to Aeromotive, but I'm not sure the elements are interchangable.

Back