What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need suggestion for map pocket for RV-7A

• Thread starter Richard Suffoletto
  • Start date
R

Richard Suffoletto

Does anyone have a suggestion for a map pocket in a 7a without a upholstered interior? I am going to keep my interior bare as far as side panels, etc goes but would like a place to store maps, etc... I searched the archives but didn't find anything.

Gbi

I bought the sheet metal pocket kit (they call it a shelf) from George & Becki Orndorff at http://www.fly-gbi.com. There is one for each side between the two bulkheads/formers forward of the seat. They are dirt simple and I just set them asside when they came with the upholstery material. After flying a few cross country trips and diging charts out of my flight bag under my legs I said there has to be a better way. I wondered about the "shelfs" which are open top sheetmetal pockets with an approx. 1" opening at the top and maybe 3" deep. I cut, bent and installed them with sheetmetal screws. They are GREAT! I upholstered mine but that's your option.

Bob Axsom

old question but still remains current. could somebody provide pictures of pockets attached to the side skins in their non-upholstered cabin?

I built a very light weight plywood shelf for the -9A. Oh, so useful. It rests on the cross member behind the seats and on the fuselage rails in the baggage compartment. On the baggage bulkhead, I have a C channel (hardware store) held in with one screw. There is one stiffener on the bottom.

Back