What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

So close I can smell it...

airguy

Unrepentant fanboy
Sponsor
My build project hit a snag yesterday, and for the first time in years I had to walk away from the hangar with time left on the clock, but nothing else I could do, and I'm feeling pretty good about it. I've got the FWF complete except for the neoprene joints to connect the plenum and FAB to inlet rings in my James Cowl, and my neoprene cement had gone bad so I'll have to get more before finishing that.

On the plus side - that means all I've got left FWF is that task - and that puts me VERY close to first engine start. This is starting to get real now! :D

I still need to install the (finished) right wing and flush the fuel system, I'll have extra hands this weekend to stab the wing and get it bolted in, then I'm back to work.

Outstanding Greg! You really have been putting in some hours. Can't wait to read that first flight post!

That's great Greg. I'm going to try and catch up with you after a year of working way too much!

You have three months before first engine start and 9 months before first flight.
Gettitdone! :D

Great to hear it, Greg! I'll be watching, too, for your engine start and first flight reports! :)

Back