What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Andair disassemble ports?

Jerry Cochran

Well Known Member
After exhaustive search, no joy. I might want to change ports on an Andair fuel valve from female to male. Mine has four teensy screws on each one and removal of same only lets the port wobble a bit. I supect there's an o-ring offering resistance but don't want to force things on this spendy 4-port valve.

If anyone has experience I'd appreciate some advice before I call Andy because I know he's probably beyond busy.

Email or post here to benefit others.

Jerry

[email protected]

yes, just pull on them. Here is an exploded diagram:

05-02635.jpg

I changed mine as well. Once you have the screws out, it is just the o-ring and maybe some fuel lube that makes it tight to pull.

Also, be careful when re-assembling the ports as the edge of the hole that the port (with o-ring installed) get inserted into is sharp and can easily cut or gouge the o-ring. Use care and Fuel Lube to lubricate.

If you need to replace a port o-ring the size is [FONT=&quot]1.5mm X 15mm (McMaster-Carr p/n [/FONT][FONT=&quot]9263K114). It is made of Viton V75 material.

[/FONT]

Back