What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My RV7 Evoke Paint job!

Yeah I'm happy building...I'm a nervous wreck painting however....

Fair enough! I love the challenge and satisfaction of painting and couldn't imagine losing out on the fun by paying someone else to do it. I've never painted a plane before (only motorcycles and cars) but all the aspects of the building process so far have been a good learning experience. My plane probably won't win any awards and that's quite OK.

A buddy painted his RV (at home) and it looks great with a simple classic 2 color paint job. The RV's all have nice lines and they don't need an elaborate paint scheme to look good. His paint job is not perfect and he is the first to point out the blemishes, but it honestly doesn't matter, the overall effect, along with everything else that he has done himself, to the best of his ability, is fantastic!

This is not to take away from the OP's choice to use Evoke and there can be many reasons to farm out work. However I hope that the trend is not to do so because it's becoming the expected norm to pay 25K and more for the finish.

Back