What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rotax Factory Engine Logbook

bobg56

Well Known Member
I'm helping a friend do his condition inspection and I've noticed he has been using the factory supplied engine logbook. My RV12 has just the generic type like the Airframe Logbook. What are most of you all using? What is proper?

I'm helping a friend do his condition inspection and I've noticed he has been using the factory supplied engine logbook. My RV12 has just the generic type like the Airframe Logbook. What are most of you all using? What is proper?

To my knowledge, either is proper. Which to use is simply a choice of preference. I, like you, use the generic type not the engine builder supplied log book. I like the smaller size and the "hard bound" cover better.

I always thought that a new Rotax engine came with a factory logbook documenting any updates done by the factory or distributor prior to delivery to the aircraft manufacturer such as Vans. Second logbook would be one of your choice.
Stan

I make the Prop inspection or any Prop SB's in my engine logbook, heard some use the airframe since they consider the prop an appliance, some suggest getting a separate prop log as well.

Back