What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fighting the Marine Layer for fun

Great video

Pete - you have really raised the bar. Nice camera work and editing - and nice flying!

fantastic

Wow... nice edit work. That takes so much time compared to the running time of the final video. I cannot do it. Have tried and it takes too much patience. Glad you put it together. The radio audio, changing views, explanation of what the instruments are doing.... all in all a training video for those pursuing light IFR capability in their RV builds.
I do have a question though. The under wing view that slowly panned around in a 180. How did you do that?
This post could well be archived for long term use by future builders. And I would imagine Grand Rapids might get a huge kick out of seeing it. Maybe contact them???
Anyway, many thanks and wishing you hours of fun and safe NORCAL adventures.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the video.
I cant wait to do the same in mine.
You’re a better man than I! I didn’t have the patience to build one and got lucky finding this awesome bird! It will all be worth it! Thanks for watching!

Pete - you have really raised the bar. Nice camera work and editing - and nice flying!
Thank you a ton!! I appreciate it!!

Wow... nice edit work. That takes so much time compared to the running time of the final video. I cannot do it. Have tried and it takes too much patience. Glad you put it together. The radio audio, changing views, explanation of what the instruments are doing.... all in all a training video for those pursuing light IFR capability in their RV builds.
I do have a question though. The under wing view that slowly panned around in a 180. How did you do that?
This post could well be archived for long term use by future builders. And I would imagine Grand Rapids might get a huge kick out of seeing it. Maybe contact them???
Anyway, many thanks and wishing you hours of fun and safe NORCAL adventures.

The underwing view is taken with a GoPro max. It records in 360 degrees of viewing. In editing I change it to a 2 dimensional video and manually pan it. It’s really cool, just very time consuming. But this is becoming a bit of a fun hobby. Thanks a ton for the feedback! I really appreciate it!

Back