What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Free RV Weight and Balance program

greghale

Hi Guys,

I have finally released the new RV weight and balance program. The program will work for all RV?s except for the RV3 and RV12. If there are any RV12 drivers that would like to have their aircraft included in the program, drop me an email and I will include it.

The program should be pretty straight forward on the operation, but I would suggest you also print the available 9 page Operation Manual on the web site. The beauty of the program is it will not only show you what your CG is at takeoff, but it will also tell you the CG at the arrival airport. Some owners may be surprised the change in the CG during your flight.

The program is absolutely free. This is my contribution to the RV community that I really enjoy.
You can go directly to this site to install the program. If you do get an error message trying to use the ?Run? feature, try using the ?Save? feature. That will download the file to your computer. You can then use that file to install the program.
http://nwacaptain.com/10weightandbalance.html

Greg?.
www.nwacaptain.com

Thanks Greg, this is a really nice thing to do. After downloading to my desktop and opening up the .exe file, the installation went ok and it said successful. But, when I clicked on the desktop icon I got the "cannot open because VB40032.dll file is not on my computer" I tried to reinstall and clicked on the repair option. Again, the message was successful, but program still won't open with same error message. Any idea what I should do?
Thanks,
Bob

fix error

Yes...My error.
I have reloaded the program to the web site. You will probably need to remove the program from your computer before attempting another install. On the Start button under the Nwacaptain program, there is an uninstall procedure you can use.

Greg...

Windows 7

I was wondering if anyone has been able to get it to work on Windows 7
Jim Knight
Burlington Iowa
RV6

Greg,

Heckuva job - program works in Ubuntu/Linux using WINE.

Barney, in Memphis
RV-3 flying
RV-4 flying

Greg

Thank you very much for making your W & B program available. It works amazingly well! Is there any way to load it onto an IPAD?

Thanks again,

John

Windows 7

For those who can't get it to run on Windows 7 here is what I did.

Go to the folder C:\programfiles(x86)\rv10wb
Right click the rv-weightandbalance file
click on run as administrator

Only have to do this once and the desktop shortcut will work after that

Worked for me, YMMV;)

For those who can't get it to run on Windows 7 here is what I did.

Go to the folder C:\programfiles(x86)\rv10wb
Right click the rv-weightandbalance file
click on run as administrator

Only have to do this once and the desktop shortcut will work after that

Worked for me, YMMV;)
Worked for me as well after doing this.

weight and balance program

The program will work on Windows 7. You will probably need to turn OFF your User Account control or set it to the minimum position.

The program will not work on the IPAD.

I have placed an Update icon on the main page. Any updates to the program can be found here. You might want to keep this web address in your Browser's favorite folder for future access. I expect some possible errors in the program initially and will place the corrections on the Update icon.

Greg...
www.nwacaptain.com
ghale5224 (at) aol.com

W&B program

Hi Guys,

I have finally released the new RV weight and balance program. The program will work for all RV?s except for the RV3 and RV12. If there are any RV12 drivers that would like to have their aircraft included in the program, drop me an email and I will include it.

The program should be pretty straight forward on the operation, but I would suggest you also print the available 9 page Operation Manual on the web site. The beauty of the program is it will not only show you what your CG is at takeoff, but it will also tell you the CG at the arrival airport. Some owners may be surprised the change in the CG during your flight.

The program is absolutely free. This is my contribution to the RV community that I really enjoy.
You can go directly to this site to install the program. If you do get an error message trying to use the ?Run? feature, try using the ?Save? feature. That will download the file to your computer. You can then use that file to install the program.

Greg?.
www.nwacaptain.com

Greg,
Great program. I hope to be using it in couple of years!! I am building a 9A. I am working in CT (I am from WA state) with a great person from Oklahoma. That is 2 great people from OK. I am sure there are many more.
Jim

Greg,
Great program, thanks for taking the time!

If you get bored the only thing that would make it even more useful would to have a place to put in wheel weights and arms so folks could calculate their CG from the raw data.

Thanks again,
Walt

okay what I'm doing wrong, I can't lunch the program. I get error accessing system registry. Not running windows 7

weight and balance

Yes...

You don't need the User Account control ON. It is mainly for those who don't keep their Anti-virus and spyware programs up to date.

Greg...

Wonderful W&b program!

This has come just at the right time. I was doing my BFR and did the various bits and pieces for the cross country from my rule of thumb sheet. The examiner was happy but I was left wondering how my crude method would stack up against an accurate program.
I had to convert gallons to litres for the fuel and pounds to Kilograms for the body weights but that is a good dicipline.

Thanks for the bonza programme.

Ted
RV6a "Rough Red"

weight and balance.

My wife just had knee surgery, so I had to find something to occupy my time. Since the RV10 version of the program was running good, I thought about including all the RV aircraft. So you can see what I have been doing while babysitting by wife on her recovery.

I will look into having the option to select liters instead of gallons and pounds into kilograms.

Greg...

I finally had a chance to download, install, and play with this Greg - it is without a doubt the best W&B program I have used. I write little spreadsheets for this kind of thing all the time, but this is really intuitive and the graphics are superb!

Oustanding...and sorry it took your wife having surgery to give you time to do this. ;)

Paul

just making light of a situation

Looks beautiful. I'm waiting to see what Bill Gates has to say first though.

.... WHAT, too soon?

My wife just had knee surgery, so I had to find something to occupy my time. Since the RV10 version of the program was running good, I thought about including all the RV aircraft. So you can see what I have been doing while babysitting by wife on her recovery.

I will look into having the option to select liters instead of gallons and pounds into kilograms.

Greg...

We all owe your wife big time.
Thanks,
Don
PS: We need you to do the Ipad version sans the spousal calamity.

Second motion for an iPad version!

This is a great program and I have it on my laptop. Does anyone know how to get this to work on my iPad so I don' t have to take my laptop and iPad with me flying?:)

Android version

Any of you computer guys out there know if this will work on android tablets? I have the Xoom tab that flies with me, but I am not tech smart enough to get programs working that aren't designed for this device. The program is great and would a dream to have on the tablet.

Great program Greg, Thanks. For some reason it now gives me "Run Time Errors" whenever I try to print or save. I tried to delete the program in order to reload it but the Uninstall program on Windows cannot find it. Any other way to delete it and start over without causing Directory other problems etc. Thanks

Larry

Thanks Dan. I managed to get it uninstalled, re-downloaded and reinstalled....
No Joy. Something is obviously wrong with my system. Oh well....

Update: I said something was wrong with my system.... I was correct, I but still don't know what it was. I uninstalled and reinstalled again, now it works. Go figure.

Larry

Last edited:
Great Program

Greg,
Thanks for writing this program. I have been playing with it for about an hour seeing what I could do to get out of CG in a RV-9. Unless I put over 100lbs in the back, I can't even get close to being in trouble - even with only one gallon fuel. Wow. Thanks for letting us all use it. As a new builder - I appreciate it.
rockwood
glenwood springs CO

Back