What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flap Rigging

paul330

Well Known Member
I am fitting in my Reflex Plus flap system and could use a bit of info, please.

- does the flap drive use the full travel or is it limited by the system to something less? If so, what is the travel of the drive shaft from reflex to fully down? I am trying to calculate the geometry for the position sensor.

- the Reflex instructions state that there is no need to program the fully up (I assume that means reflex) or fully down positions. Is this because the electronics sense when there is no further movement and therefore shut off the drive?

I have the electronics physically fitted and wired but I need this info to sort out the position sensor.

Finally, what do people use as flap settings? I was thinking reflex (cruise), zero (T/O and climb), 15 (Short T/O and downwind) and Full (Landing).

my setup

I have my fps plus set and flaps rigged so that full up flaps is a 3 degree reflex. The chipset and position sensor detect when movement has stopped and kills power to the motor. My first stop is zero, second is 15 degrees, third stop is 30 degrees. Full flaps is 40 but I don't use more than 30, merely personal preference.

So does -3 to 40 use the full travel of the flap motor or does it stop slightly short? Assuming it is full travel then the FPS Reflex stops the motor because it hits the top stop and takes power off at full flap because it runs out of travel and stops moving - is that right?

Rigging

Yup, that's how it works for me. It took some tweaking of the control rod into the flap, but I go from -3 to 42.

Back