What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Experience with Weldon fuel pumps?

digidocs

Well Known Member
Hi VAF,

Does anyone have experience either positive or negative with Weldon brand FI boost pumps?

The 18000 and 8163 models look interesting for RV use.

Thanks!

Been running one of the 'J' style pumps for around 12 years with no issues, would do the same again.

No experience, but noting these are PMA'd parts, they would most definitely work.
There are alternate non-cert options out there that would be cheaper though.

I have one

My RV10 has a Weldon pump A8163-A installed in the tunnel. This RV10 is 12 years old and has 950 hours on it. This last summer while on an extended summer trip as far from home as possible, Orcas Island in San Juan Islands, this pump failed and popped the circuit breaker. So I got to replace it on the ramp while out of town. Fortunately, Aircraft Spruce had them in stock for $1200 plus a $400 core charge so clearly they wanted the old pump back. If I would have been home, I would have reworked the tubing to replace it with an experimental pump. So that is my experience with a Weldon pump.

I had a B8001-G in mine. As far as I can tell, it had about 1200 hrs while in the RV. I'm led to believe it had even more hours before that. It started to go out recently, and I saw the price tag on a direct replacement, I decided to go with Airflow Performance.

Back