What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New ADS-B Solution @ SnF?

Tankerpilot75

Well Known Member
Has anyone heard of new ads-b solutions being announced at SnF? I keep hoping some vendor will come up with an all in one solution using 1090 hz, internal gps and at a price of under $2,500.

Check Stratus ESG prices at Stark Avionics

You're in for a great surprise.

He's located in Georgia. Have bought my avionics from him for years.

http://www.starkavionics.com

He's very Experimental friendly and GREAT prices.

Last edited:
UAvioni

UAvionix introduced and is selling echoUAT at Sun n Fun for $999. If you do not have a ADSB+ in your panel, add SkyFY for $500. Check out their install manual on their web site.

Last edited:
UAvioni introduced and is selling echoUAT at Sun n Fun for $999. If you do not have a ADSB+ in your panel, add SkyFY for $500. Check out their install manual on their web site.

I just installed their Ping ($135) for ADS-B IN until I decide on what OUT to purchase. It is slightly larger than a stamp and connects to my iFly 740 via USB port. So simple and I can monitor traffic sitting in my hangar.

Seriously, check with Stark Avionics

Not trying to "one up" anyone but Stark is Waaaaay cheaper. I'm in for around $1600 after FAA rebate.

Last edited:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nWOdynW0k2U

Level has a cool Out and In set of add ons, both discounted but pending cert on the Out.

I like it, but await a cert.

Text from Youtube link: "Levil Aviation's New BOM and ADS B
AVweb 259 views
SUBSCRIBE52,426
Published on Apr 6, 2017At Sun 'n Fun 2017, Levil Aviation introduced two innovative avionics products, one called the BOM and a second, an ADS-B Out system built entirely into the antenna that's installed on the belly of the aircraft. The BOM is a clever self-self contained AHRS, pitot system, GPS and angle of attack system contained in a wing mounted pod and driven by a small wind turbine on the back of the unit"

Not apparently on their website.

I gotta admit, this is a real SMART approach for a PFD backup system and an ADS-B compliant unit.

:cool:

I will second that recommendation for Russ at Palmetto Avionics, Greenwood SC. He did my transponder as cheap as I could have done it myself.

ADSb Out

When I happened upon this at SNF on Saturday, I was most impressed. Really simple solution to this problem. :cool: They said $750.00 show special if you didn't need the GPS signal. :eek: Wow, almost went for it... but given the recent NavWorx trouble, I did the same. I like it, but I'll wait till they get a cert. If they do, it's they way I'm going and they won't be able to make them fast enough.

I'm not sure how the Baro signal can be separate from the transponder... that's gotta be a sticking point.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nWOdynW0k2U

Level has a cool Out and In set of add ons, both discounted but pending cert on the Out.

I like it, but await a cert.

Text from Youtube link: "Levil Aviation's New BOM and ADS B
AVweb 259 views
SUBSCRIBE52,426
Published on Apr 6, 2017At Sun 'n Fun 2017, Levil Aviation introduced two innovative avionics products, one called the BOM and a second, an ADS-B Out system built entirely into the antenna that's installed on the belly of the aircraft. The BOM is a clever self-self contained AHRS, pitot system, GPS and angle of attack system contained in a wing mounted pod and driven by a small wind turbine on the back of the unit"

Not apparently on their website.

Back