What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My boy's first flight!

mrblob

Well Known Member
After 3 year's of building excitement and hype and waiting so the boy could enjoy this flight as much as me, I finally took my son Xander for a flight on Sunday. The wait was worth it! He had a fantastic time and was an exceptionally well behaved passenger.

IMG_1465.JPG

IMG_1453.JPG

IMG_1455.JPG

IMG_1458-MOTION.gif

Wow, that's beautiful, Paul and Xander. It was worth "coming out of hibernation" to say you made my night. The vision of flying my grandchildren is at least one of my motivators to keep building, even when the building gets tough. Thanks again, Paul.

--
Stephen

Very nice pictures! Flying with your son - as the years go by, your shoulder room gets less and less. :) Daughters, not so much.

It looks like great times!

IMG_1465.JPG

As they say in the south, it looks like "The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree".

Two great RV grins
:D

IMG_1465.JPG

As they say in the south, it looks like "The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree".

Two great RV grins
:D

i thought in the south its fer from the tree
I bet you will have this pic blown up and framed on a wall for everyone to see. 1 in your home and 1 in your hanger!!! i know i would!!

Last edited:
Paul, my soon to be 4 year old grand daughter has been telling everyone that when she is older she will fly over the mountains with grandpa in the Purple plane. I think it's about time to make it happen How did you secure the car seat and did you leave the stick for the right seat in the aircraft?
Thanks
George

What a fantastic set of photos. I hope you and your son have many great flying adventures. Some of my most cherished photos and flights are those that I have taken with my boys.

Thanks for sharing, you made my day

Paul, my soon to be 4 year old grand daughter has been telling everyone that when she is older she will fly over the mountains with grandpa in the Purple plane. I think it's about time to make it happen How did you secure the car seat and did you leave the stick for the right seat in the aircraft?
Thanks
George

George,
The car seat is a Graco Belt Positioning Booster. It doesn't have a harness of it's own, or hook into the plane. Set it on the seat, put the kid in it, and use the airplane harness to hold them both in place together. It keeps the lap belt low, and brings the shoulder harness to the right place for small shoulders. Lightweight and worked great. I did not leave the stick in place. I got mine at Target:
http://www.target.com/p/graco-highback-turbobooster-dennison/-/A-14515453#prodSlot=medium_1_1

Thanks for all the kind words, everybody! I'm looking forward to many more hours in the cockpit with him.

Paul

Last edited:
George,
The car seat is a Graco Belt Positioning Booster. It doesn't have a harness of it's own, or hook into the plane. Set it on the seat, put the kid in it, and use the airplane harness to hold them both in place together. It keeps the lap belt low, and brings the shoulder harness to the right place for small shoulders. Lightweight and worked great. I did not leave the stick in place. I got mine at Target:
http://www.target.com/p/graco-highback-turbobooster-dennison/-/A-14515453#prodSlot=medium_1_1

Thanks for all the kind words, everybody! I'm looking forward to many more hours in the cockpit with him.

Paul

Thanks Paul, I will check out target!

George

Back