What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First Rivet!

Seriously cool to document the first rivet. Now let's talk about the last one, you finish the plane I'm buying beer. ;)

Congratulations! I saved the last rivet for my son (US Navy Corpsman/2nd Marines) to install when he got home from Afghanistan.

Those clecos sure are shiney. Look back on this picture in a couple of years and compare.

20110718_007.JPG

great idea

I never thought to document the first rivet. I was still in awe at how many were left. Depending on my deployment cycle I may be at Rucker this spring if you need some hands.

Eric Kallio
N518RV Flying

Congrats!!!!

Congrats Mike!!! I look forward to following your progress and hopefully learning a thing or two. Hopefully by this time next year I will be in the same position as you are.

I can't wait to see how you mark up the first rivet location you have to drill out and redo. So many milestones... :rolleyes:

Seriously, congrats and enjoy.

I win.

You made it, with one week to spare. :rolleyes:

Jeff,
I may have only beat your estimate by a week, but I beat it.. And that, my friend, is what counts! :D

Larry,

I'll take you up on that beer when the 10 is finished. However, you'll have to buy one for my partner too; my wife Aneta.

Sooooooooooo many left to go, but I can't think about that now because we're going too OSH!

Ahh memories...The joy of that first rivet will soon be replaced by; "how the heck do I do that." :D
In all seriousness, you have begun a journey that will bring you great joy, ups and downs, and allow you to meet lots of new friends. Congrats on the first one.

Back