What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Another one flies!

eric.kallio

Well Known Member
Finally, it is my turn!!!!!! After getting the tach wired in to the mag N518RV made it maiden flight. Put 2 hours on it today and it felt great. The controls were very responsive and the aerosport power engine ran like a champ. Can't wait until the break in period is over and I can really explore the flight characteristics. Tomorrow I will work off some of the minor squaks and try to put a couple more hours on it. Only 28 more to go.

Eric Kallio
N518RV Flying...

Finally, it is my turn!!!!!! After getting the tach wired in to the mag N518RV made it maiden flight. Put 2 hours on it today and it felt great. The controls were very responsive and the aerosport power engine ran like a champ. Can't wait until the break in period is over and I can really explore the flight characteristics. Tomorrow I will work off some of the minor squaks and try to put a couple more hours on it. Only 28 more to go.

Eric Kallio
N518RV Flying...

Congratulations!! :D

Congratulations Eric! Beth and I were two of your interested visitors yesterday, we are so glad to hear it is running good. You will enjoy it, we have over 100 hours on our 9A in just 3 months - HAVE FUN!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feels good doesnt it???

You have a 30 hour phase 1??

And an "N" series reg number???

So where do you live??

Good luck in the testing, hope the weather is better to you than what I went through.

Keep grinnin :D

Congrats Eric!!!!
Keep us informed of your progress and how about some pictures?
Otherwise we might not believe you :D

Update

Pics and video are to be forthcoming. My ground support and inflight photographer is trying to put everything together and get it posted. Not sure when that will happen. As for the fly-off, yes, it was only 30 hours. Don't know what drove that but 5 of it is already gone. I am certianly not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. I reside in the 'burbs of Baton Rouge and my test flight box takes me well into Mississippi. I have a large trapeziodal box with the longext run between 2 corners of just over 160 miles. The DAR I had came to me after the FAA bailed at the end and they lined me up with him. What a joy to work with and very helpful.

Got a 4 day weekend coming up. If the weather holds out and there are no major issues with cooling or avionics I very well could wrap up the fly-off this weekend, although I am not going to push it.

Eric

Back