What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tablet interfacing

emsvitil

Well Known Member
Which (if any) of the efis systems (garmin,dynon,grt,mgl,other) can interface with a tablet ? Android (preferred) or ipad

thanks

My Dynon interfaces with my android tablet via WiFi easily. I use (free) Fltplan GO on my android tablet. I usually do my flight plans using fltplan.com and download it to my tablet at home then upload from the tablet to Dynon via WiFi at the airport. Works great.

I use a GTN 650 / GTX 345 and Garmin pilot on an andriod with the flight stream 510. It works well. It doesn't talk to the AFS4500, but I am going to get a 5400 at some point.

Garmin G3x Touch interfaces via Bluetooth easily with an iPad running Garmin Pilot or Foreflight.

I use Foreflight. I do all my flight plans in Foreflight and send them to the panel. The flight plans show up on my G3x and 625. Any edits on either of those devices are sent back to Foreflight.

The Garmin ecosystem plays well with Garmin Pilot and Foreflight. I have the G3X classic displays which don't have Connext but I installed a GPS 175 that has Connext so I can push everything to/from iPad seamlessly with bluetooth. Also, the new Garmin navigators have built-in AHRS to drive synthetic vision on iPads.

Of course with a Bluetooth dongle installed, the GRT EFIS will interface very nicely with an Android tablet, allowing flight planning etc. It will also allow the Android tablet to be used as a second EFIS display - a very cool feature if you want to get an EFIS in front of a back seater or the right seater, and at very low cost.

Back