What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV partnership opportunities near Luke AFB/PHX?

vfr800

Well Known Member
I've enjoyed a great RV-10 partnership during the past couple years in Utah. But now big blue says I'm moving to Luke AFB this summer. Good news, bad news kind of thing.

We will miss the current plane and friendship, but also look forward to life in west Phoenix. Now, while in Afghanistan for a bit longer, my aim is to explore leads for something similar around Luke.

If you are (or know of) an RV owner there who is interested in forming a partnership, please send a PM or email. I've been spoiled by the RV-10 and would enjoy more of the same, but won't rule out other models. Geographically speaking, ideal airports are Glendale, Deer Valley and Goodyear.

I respect the chance to fly RV's and can certainly reduce your share of fixed costs (hangar, insurance, maintenance) while keeping your engine active and within ops limits. While not a builder, I'm glad to help with condition inspections/mx work, do oil changes, EFIS/Garmin database updates, be a safety pilot, etc.

For background: I previously co-owned a -9a for a couple years in Texas, flew that 200 around hours and revised the panel for IFR. Now IFR rated with nearly 200 hours in the RV-10 and have 500+ hours TT. Admittedly, that's not many hours compared with some others here but enough to keep insurance costs down. NDH and can provide references from prior partnerships. Mostly enjoy XC trips on weekends or when on leave (relatives on west coast), plus local proficiency and pleasure flights.

Fingers crossed -- SAWADEE!

Last edited:
Bump

Back in the US now! Bumped for any prospects, or to simply meet PHX-area VAF community members.

Also, if anyone around there will have temporary room in a hangar for an RV-10 during 21-30 May, I'm looking. Happy to chip in funds for the shade/protection.

Best email is bravo DOT McHugh AT gmail, or call two ten eight 6 one 4 fife niner 8.

Hey Ryan, I have an -8 at Goodyear. Not looking for an airplane partner, but it's always nice to meet new RVers in the west valley.

Hi Ryan. I am in the very early stages of a 7 build. No partnership here either but live in Peoria. Welcome to Phx.

New family

Thanks, Gash and Frank. I'll aim to send a PM after moving there for good in June. Glad to meet the local RV family!

Welcome back! Not looking for a partner either but I'm building a -7 in Litchfield Park, 4 miles from Luke. When you get here and have time come on by to take a look or shoot the bull.

Carlos

Much appreciated, Carlos. We'll be in Litchfield Park as well so I will definitely stop by. Great to see such a strong VAF presence in the west valley.

Last edited:
Back