What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pitot/static lines

s10sakota

Well Known Member
I wanted to buy the SafeAir1 Pitot/static lines so I emailed SafeAir1 and asked where I can buy their tubing. All they said was "try Avery Tools". Well Avery Tools is out of business and even with a Google search I can't find any place to get the lines.

Is there a substitute line I can get somewhere that you guys can recommend?

I'm kind of surprised that even SafeAir1 doesn't even know where I can buy their own product!

ACS has the complete SafeAir kit in stock. I looked at one today at the Peachtree City GA location. Part # 12-03283 and Part # 12-03284.

I wanted to buy the SafeAir1 Pitot/static lines so I emailed SafeAir1 and asked where I can buy their tubing. All they said was "try Avery Tools". Well Avery Tools is out of business and even with a Google search I can't find any place to get the lines.

I'm kind of surprised that even SafeAir1 doesn't even know where I can buy their own product!

I did some research on static ports this week. Seems there is or used to be data errors with some of the static port options. I plan to go with Cleaveland tool's kit... looks easy enough to install and someone posted they had excellent results. Mike stands by his products so if I have issues I know I can go back to him.

I did some research on static ports this week. Seems there is or used to be data errors with some of the static port options. I plan to go with Cleaveland tool's kit... looks easy enough to install and someone posted they had excellent results. Mike stands by his products so if I have issues I know I can go back to him.

Make sure the static port sticks out past the skin about the same amount as the Van's pop rivet. A flush static port will give you airspeed errors. An RV-9A locally has flush ports and from the beginning he had airspeed errors. I suggested taking a pop rivet and cutting the head off and using super glue to adhere it over the static port. Problem solved.

Make sure the static port sticks out past the skin about the same amount as the Van's pop rivet. A flush static port will give you airspeed errors. An RV-9A locally has flush ports and from the beginning he had airspeed errors. I suggested taking a pop rivet and cutting the head off and using super glue to adhere it over the static port. Problem solved.

That was the jist I got from reading the other threads on the topic. The Cleaveland kit "protudes about .010 from skin". Since I've already primed and painted the inside of the skin my plan is to clean the contact area on the inside to bare metal. This should help make sure everything is in spec... assuming I don't use too much adhesive.

It is a standard 1/4" OD nylon product with an SAE spec - maybe someone with immediate access can give you a spec number then you can source from any of the alternatives with confidence. Installation tip - it is pretty stiff, so you can heat with a heat gun and shape it to retain a small bend radius (2") easily.

Back