What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

DAR needed Long Island, NY

RFazio

Well Known Member
We had a couple of DARs on Long Island and one died, I'll miss Charlie Terry, and the other is MIA. We have a just finished Beautiful RV7, built by Lawrence Froelich that needs to be inspected. This is his second plane and it is nice. Does anyone know of a DAR in the area? All the guys on the list we got from the local fisdo are retired, or gone. Does anyone no of a DAR willing to make the trip to Long Island. I'll even come pick them up in my RV6 for the trip to Long Island if it's within reason. You can get back to me here or on my cell 516 3one3-8one1nine.

Thanks

Richard Fazio

Call the Fisdo and insist that they do their job. If there are no DARs in the area then they need to send someone.

We are trying that

We are trying that but they are giving us a hard time. They keep giving us the run around, giving us the list of DARs that they gave us already. They have to look into it, etc. etc.

John is a first rate DAR and did the inspection on my RV-8. Unfortunately he has not been well and is recuperating from a serious illness. He has not yet returned to work. We are rooting for him.

Retired

Joe has retired, we already spoke to him. Jon Ross did my plane, but as Mike said he is out of commission for now. Closest guy we found so far was out of Buffalo, NY and he really did not want to come to Long Island.

Last edited:
Mel indicated he would travel. It would surely add to the inspection bill but Lawrence gets one of the best RV DARs around.

Richard,

Mel is a DAR from Texas.

There is also another builder in RI who is having a similar problem as you.

I am working on getting in touch with him to possibly share Mel's expenses in getting the both of you your inspections.

;). CJ

if mel comes to the east coast let me know. i would like to meet the guy.
DE0969F4-5E5C-4892-BE82-6AD5EFF909ED.jpg

i spoke with joe gauthier today at the airport. he said to call the mido to get a inspection scheduled. be ready when you call, it would probably take a month to get a slot. he has done over 230 inspections and is tired of the paperwork and dealing with the faa.
D59C8EE8-FD0B-4C65-AACA-3EFF6ED1C1B4.jpg

I'm in the same boat, been looking as well after contacting Joe. I won't be ready for my inspection until late September or October. I did come across a couple of names, but have had no luck contacting them. If I do, I'll be sure to share the info. Hey Turbo, looks like you were at Spruce Creek.

DAR

Some DAR's work thru the MIDO office, some thru FSDO.
Jon Ross worked thru the MIDO office.
Contact for the Long Island MIDO Office:
7150 Republic Airport S236
E. Farmingdale, NY 11735
Ms. Elizabeth Campbell
631-694-8421

Actually with Southwest Airline Senior pricing, flying to N.Y. is not all that expensive. Especially if two people get together and split the cost.

If you don't have luck finding someone close, contact me. Maybe we can work something out. <n168tx(at)flytx.net>

The FAA is coming.

So it looks like the FAA will come out and do the inspection. We are happy, sounds like it will get done and the plane will be in the air.

Back