What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Prebuy Greybull Wyoming

PH-SCP

Well Known Member
Hi Fellow RV'tors,

I need a dependable RV-expert to do a prebuy inspection on a RV-4 in Greybull, Wyoming. Help is needed as I am 6000 miles away.

Looking forward to suggestions and names.
Thanks in advance.

Simon

[thread moved to General Discussion for greater exposure; S. Buchanan]

Last edited by a moderator:
Had I known that.... I'm in North Dakota to do just that on another RV-4 (and then ended up buying it). Wyoming is not too far away, really.

Flying back to The Netherlands on Saturday though, so no time left, I am afraid...

Good luck Simon!

Hans

P.S. Have you figured out your transport yet? Any tips welcome, as we've found that the fact that we are far from any port makes shipping pretty costly...

I'm south of Greybull by about 40 minutes. However, I don't know much about the -4 nor am I to the point where I can tell you right from wrong on anything firewall forward. If there is something I could do however don't hesitate to ask.

Simon, did you find anyone to look do a inspection?

I'm not an A&P. But, I may be able to help since I built my RV-7, I also helped build a Rans S-6 with a friend. I have also helped with the purchase of 2 RV-4's. I live about 9hr drive RT or 3.5hr RT in the C-182....wish I had the RV-7, it'd be 1.1hr each way.

If you need help let me know

Hello everybody,

Thanks for all the replies. Congratulations Hans on buying N212WY !!
In fact, the purchase of our plane fell through as it was not constructed according to plans provided by Vans. That could be an issue to register it in the Netherlands and receive a Special CofA. We have to provide a statement to the Dutch FAA that it was built according plans and that all modifications are approved by Vans. This one could not comply.

We ended up buying another RV4.

Thanks again, this forum rocks 😀😀😀

Had I known that.... I'm in North Dakota to do just that on another RV-4 (and then ended up buying it). Wyoming is not too far away, really.

Flying back to The Netherlands on Saturday though, so no time left, I am afraid...

Good luck Simon!

Hans

P.S. Have you figured out your transport yet? Any tips welcome, as we've found that the fact that we are far from any port makes shipping pretty costly...

There is a shipper and containerizer in Tracy, CA. It was the closest one we could find. We ended up buying an RV4 in Florida.
Fly yours down to Lakeland and we ship together 😀😀

Back