What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-4 Insurance

NWTailwager

I'm New Here
Can any one suggest a reasonable insurance company for me?
I'm Renewing after my first year flying the RV and expected reasonable rate, that dosen't seem to be happening.
With limited time (55hrs) in my 4 I'm looking for relief, but the market seems to be controlled by a small group.

Can any one suggest a reasonable insurance company for me?
I'm Renewing after my first year flying the RV and expected reasonable rate, that dosen't seem to be happening.
With limited time (55hrs) in my 4 I'm looking for relief, but the market seems to be controlled by a small group.

What do you consider "reasonable"? Are you looking for hull and liability, or just liability?

I have a local company who is very reasonable.
My liability only is half of others.

PM, if interested.
I have no vested interest other than reducing the flying expense of other aviators.

Sky Smith

I second the vote for Scott "Sky" Smith. I've always had great service from them. I recently upgraded my panel which significantly increased my coverage for a small increase in premium. Also, he is a frequent poster here on VAF.

What do you consider "reasonable"?

This is a good question. What are you thinking you should be paying?

Unless you have AVEMCO, the other insurers are all fairly compeditive with each other.

(All the companies listed so far in this thread are brokers, not insurance companies. None of them set the prices.)

What's reasonable? I payed ~$3300 first year with only 15 hours tailwheel and 10 in type from Alex in his -6. That was Avemco as they were the only ones who would even insure me.

I'm currently paying ~1400/year through Falcon now that I have >100 TW and type. 45k hull, don't remember my liability limits.

Just throwing out a data point for you.

Back