What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How to? make a W&B graph

acroflyrgirl

Well Known Member
How do I go about generating a new W&B graph after I weigh my plane? I'm guessing that like me, my little RV has gotten a bit "thick" around the middle over the past 20 or so years.

The data from the last weigh in seems to be lacking also so I want to clean up the paperwork.

W&B forms

Go to Van.s web site and then Van's Aircraft downloads page to calculate the W&B for your aircraft. select which model and save to your computer. then run pgm. Good luck,Rich

Free online....

My G3X has one (I don't know what your panel is).

www.fltplan.com has one (free in web browser). Screen grab below.

WB.jpg

Their free mobile app works good also (FltPlan Go). https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fltplan-go-for-iphone/id895187253. I use this most often, as it's on my phone and with me all the time. The series of dots represents a 10/gal per hour burn rate. Grab off my phone w/no passenger and full tanks.

WB1.jpg

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Let the PC do it

Send me your data and I'll hand deliver an Excel file to you.

Just enter weight data for each occasion and the computer does the rest.

Might cost you a breakfast....:) Are you at Ryan or Marana?

Data points

Thanks everyone. It looks like I need to have more data points than I can find. I've asked Foreflight for assistance and they concur that I need another cg point.I'll dig into my files some more and see if that fixes things.

Rich, that sounds like the place to go to recreate and check my current data points. Thanks.

Gil, I'm at Ryan. Stop in anytime.

Back