What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Just curious

vgb

Well Known Member
What was the biggest dog anyone has flown in there plane with a picture. It would be interesting. Thanks

Louise flew her 110 lb Malamut in the RV-6 once, but no pictures….we were busy evacuating for a hurricane!

Was he in the back? or the pax seat? restrained or just very relaxed? Any previous flight time in other AC or was it a one and only flight?

I have been getting my shepsky used to taxi and take off runs in a larger air frame but so far I have not lifted off. I think I need to get or make a leather helmutt (pun intended) that pins his ears back and shut and ties under his collar. He is totally relaxed until the decibels build on the take off roll.

Was he in the back? or the pax seat? restrained or just very relaxed? Any previous flight time in other AC or was it a one and only flight?

I have been getting my shepsky used to taxi and take off runs in a larger air frame but so far I have not lifted off. I think I need to get or make a leather helmutt (pun intended) that pins his ears back and shut and ties under his collar. He is totally relaxed until the decibels build on the take off roll.

Both baggage compartment and the passenger seat - with the seat back removed! And….she was lightly drugged. When we got her out, she had this glazed look, sort of “like wow man…I thought I WAS FLYING!”

Both baggage compartment and the passenger seat - with the seat back removed! And….she was lightly drugged. When we got her out, she had this glazed look, sort of “like wow man…I thought I WAS FLYING!”

Are you talking about the dog or Louise?

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Last edited:
For some reason, I had gotten a tranquilizer prescription for the dog a week or two before…just in case of a hurricane evacuation. I don’t need drugs to look befuddled and glazey eyed! 🤪

We had her on a blanket and used four people to lift her in and out of the cockpit.

Dog

I had a black Lab I did an air show with. J-3 Cub, I was the farmer in the back seat. When the helper hand propped the engine, I would whistle and the dog would run from the crowd behind the airplane and jump in the front seat. I would takeoff with the door open and turn away from the crowd and shut the door. The dog did great, but he didn’t like negative Gs at all. I owned a FBO at the time and that dog learned to wait until the passengers left before he begged for a donut. Good pheasant dog also.

Back