What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

WPB, FL ride?

Mr.O

I'm New Here
Okay gents,
I have gone through the directory and contacted the ones whom are local to me around KPBI and LKNA with no luck... If anyone would like to give a new builder a "Discovery Flight" per say I would love it very very much. I'm starting the build on a RV8 empennage kit and am dieing to take a ride in what will be my baby in the near future. I will obviously cover my 50% allowed cost contribution. And I'm able to drive to distant airports if need be! Prefer a 8 but an 8a would be fine also. I'm not picky.

😉
Phone me @ 5613897052 or pm me if need be.
Pretty please!
Thankyou all in advance!
Billy O'Bryan III

no 6 or 7? ok, good luck with your search. wish i was there. i could give you a nice ride in a 6. :)
welcome to VAF in FLORIDA. get working so you can fly with us.
_DSC8070copy.jpg

WELCOME

Welcome to the good ship VAF. Someone closer to West Palm Beach will chime in. I'm sure you will find your ride. Congrats on starting your -8. It's a great machine.

Like Turbo said, a ride in a -6 could be arranged. :D

In case you didn't know, a group of RVers meet Weds mornings at Sebring for breakfast. Search "Sebring" for some trip write-ups. Here are a few to wet your whistle.

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=97438&highlight=Sebring+breakfast

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=115037&highlight=Sebring+breakfast

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=110010&highlight=Sebring

Billy, the RV's all have similar flying qualities.

A ride with Ed in his 6 will light y our fire, guaranteed!

The 7A is a mighty fine flying machine as is the 6 which I checked out in just last month getting acquainted with tail wheel operation.

Good luck with your 8 build, it is a mighty fine airplane (for those wanting to sit on the center line of the action).

That being said, I know about young guys feeling their oats in a fine airplane. Do be careful when you begin flying the 8. I do not refer to any of these machines as a favorite feminine, I refer to them as the beast. They can and will kill you if you are not in control of the effects of wild oats.

Omg yes Rhino- Let me know a date and time and I'll shoot out there with the quickness. I live off Forest hill and jog rd. I would LOVE a ride.
Thanks so much! Only take me thirty mins or so to get there.
F45 is agreat airport. I love the okeechobee area. I fly the lake route whenever I can.
Turbo- I'm not unwelcome to a ride in any other rv as I haven't experienced any time in one. The 7 is what the spouse wants me to build. But I have already started my 8 so it's 6 to 1 and 1/2 dozen to the other. 😉 I will most likely still catch a ride in a 6 or 7 to compare styles.

David- Will do! I'm a cautious respectful pilot. Thanks for the wisdom! Great analogy, Ialwats tell my friends to respect the wing around them.

Thanks to all for the kind words!

Back