What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Main gear tubes

Mark Cigal

Sponsor
I am in the process of replacing my tires and tubes. Am considering using the leak guard tubes instead of the standard rubber ones. Are they worth the extra $$ AND should I get the 90 degree valve or the straight valve ?

Thanks for your input and Merry Christmas.

I'm not sure if the leak guard is worth the extra money, I've never used them. You do need the 90 degree valve stem though.

I have been using Leakguard/Leak Stop for a few years. I can truthfully say they leak down quite a bit less than the standard tube.

As to which valve stem to use; I have to say it depends on whether the wheel halves will accept a 90, some will some will not.

Well worth it

My tires seem to never need air between and just a touch of air during condition inspection

My tires seem to never need air between and just a touch of air during condition inspection

+1.

Only add air a couple of times per year as opposed to every month or more with the regular tubes. Also, yes to the 90* stems for both Cleveland and Matco split wheels on my 4 & 7.

I have had 'standard' tubes leak visibly (with soapy water) right through the wall with no apparent damage. Worth it as you should not replace them often if ever at all.

Back