What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sebring, FL Aerobatic Contest: Thu, May 4th, through Sat, May 6th.

ssmdive

Well Known Member
Sebring, FL Aerobatic Contest: Thu, May 2nd, through Sat, May 4th.

To misquote Mark Twain: "The reports of the Sebring Contest being canceled have been greatly exaggerated" - To the point of just not being true at all.

Some people have contacted chapter leadership and said they have "been told" the airport took a bunch of damage and this has impacted the contest... Nope. Irma smacked KSEF, but the airport leadership have reported that things will be fine long before the contest.

Chapter leadership has been working to make the East Coast Championship as fun as possible.

The contest is still a go! Box should be open for practice 10/28 and the contest will run 11/2-11/4.

The plan is to run Sporty and Primary on Friday and Sat to allow the new kids on the block to participate with little interruption as possible.

Come down to fly, come down to watch, come down to help.... Just show up!

Last edited:
I hope I can make it! I just sent my engine out for repair.. I have an oil leak at the case split line. I did a practice flight the other day just before starting the removal process. I was itching to get upside down again something bad!

I hope I can make it! I just sent my engine out for repair.. I have an oil leak at the case split line. I did a practice flight the other day just before starting the removal process. I was itching to get upside down again something bad!

We can try to have a glider category... But this means you are not at the nationals?

another RV

Ron,
Sebring is on my "to do" list, and hoping more RVs will show up. Would suggest changing the thread for the correct dates for the contest (10/28-11/1). It'll be another chance for you to show me how much better the Pitts is than the RV at the intermediate level.;)
Cheers,
Bill McLean
RV-4 slider
lower AL

Ron,
Sebring is on my "to do" list, and hoping more RVs will show up. Would suggest changing the thread for the correct dates for the contest (10/28-11/1). It'll be another chance for you to show me how much better the Pitts is than the RV at the intermediate level.;)

I did have the dates wrong... My bad... Practice 10/28 to 11/1 contest 11/2 to 11/4

As for the RV being better than the Pitts. I would never make that claim... here. :D

We can try to have a glider category... But this means you are not at the nationals?

Hi Ron!

Yes, Nationals was on my "to do" list. The RV-8, a glider does not make! I think it would be a little tail heavy in this condition:eek:

In addition to not having an engine, I wasn't able to practice but once since the Bear Creek Bash in Rome, GA. We were gone the entire summer vacationing mostly, through early August. And, I did have to work some to earn my keep! It wasn't until after the eclipse, that things returned back to normal for me. If I thought I could be ready for Nationals, I might have delayed engine removal. But, I had already put it off since March due to Sun n Fun, Sebring, Rome, and Oshkosh. I'm hoping to get my engine back and installed in time for Sebring.

Here's a BIG shout out to all the competitor's at Nationals and specifically Galen, the only RV competing! This is the first time Nationals is being held at Oshkosh after being held in Texas for a bunch of years. Good luck everyone and fly safe!!

Less than a month out! Make sure to call the hotel and make your reservations. Ch?teau ?lan Hotel & Conference Center
Phone: (863) 655-6252

As of right now, we are not planning preregistration.

Make sure if you are flying a free, to bring copies.

Bring your "A" game, it is the IAC East Coast Championship!

Thanks for the reminder Ron! My engine is due back tomorrow so I should be good to go. I need some serious practice though; I've only flown one aerobatic flight since the Bear Creek Bash!

I have made my reservation. See you guys soon.

Any of you guys on the fence about competing, this is an awesome event and I promise, you will have fun!

Thanks for the reminder Ron! My engine is due back tomorrow so I should be good to go. I need some serious practice though; I've only flown one aerobatic flight since the Bear Creek Bash!

I have not flown a sequence since the last Sebring... Had some minor engine work and had to baby it a bit. Then Irma.

So, I hope to get to fly this weekend.

Back