What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Camping in HBC?

kdedmunds

My son and I are headed to Oshkosh this year for our first attempt at camping along side out RV6A. A couple of questions come to mind...

First of all I understand that this year there will be three areas that you can request Is there one that is better and more convenient as a whole than the others? Also what is the earliest that you can arrive in HBC. We would like to arrive on Saturday. Is that possible? I can only find information for Sunday arrival on the website. How do most of you plan for eating? Are there areas to cook away from the planes?

I saw a post from Rosie about the Van's Dinner on Tuesday night. Last year I purchased tickets online and then picked them up at the booth. Am I missing the order form on Vans site this year and how do you buy the 30 years of RV6 Tshirt?

Thanks in Advance I know those are alot of questions

Kent

My son and I are headed to Oshkosh this year for our first attempt at camping along side out RV6A. A couple of questions come to mind...

First of all I understand that this year there will be three areas that you can request Is there one that is better and more convenient as a whole than the others? Also what is the earliest that you can arrive in HBC. We would like to arrive on Saturday. Is that possible? I can only find information for Sunday arrival on the website. How do most of you plan for eating? Are there areas to cook away from the planes?

I saw a post from Rosie about the Van's Dinner on Tuesday night. Last year I purchased tickets online and then picked them up at the booth. Am I missing the order form on Vans site this year and how do you buy the 30 years of RV6 Tshirt?

Thanks in Advance I know those are alot of questions

Kent

Yes, you can camp in HBC on Saturday. I too will be arriving Saturday, around noon.
Areas 1-close to forums, 2-middle, 3-closest to showers, ice, coffee & bbq grills.
On site restaurants are open. You can also cook with stove near your plane but there are restrictions.
Go to the eaa.org site, look for aircraft camping for all the rules.
Unless sold out, you can buy Vans tix online, but they may have shut it down being so close to the date.

Last edited:
Ken, you can go to the Vans tent and buy tickets if they have any left. I will see you Sunday ~10 am.

It looks like Dan and Alton answered most of your questions.

I like to park in the first row of HBC closest to the flightline. I make more trips to the flightline than I do to the showers. There are plenty of food vendors available on Saturday on the grounds and several within a short walk.

The RV6 shirts were available through the online EAA store. I suspect that they may have some in the various locations that sell EAA merchandise.

I should be arriving between 10:00-10:30 on Saturday.

Parking Question for those who know

Since I won't be there until Monday.....
A question that comes up from time to time crossed my mind again.
If the field is open (ie. not water saturated etc), will they always make room for experimentals in say HBP? Even when GAP and GAC are full?

Last edited:
There's a tradition that they never turn away a show-plane (i.e. homebuilt, vintage, warbird etc).

Even 2011? Sloshkosh they managed to get all the show-planes in eventually.

Back