What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Where do you connect fueling ground?

Blain

Well Known Member
A search turns up exhaust, tail tie down, or screw in a wing tie down. Since mine is a -8 the tail won't work, rather not tear up the exhaust with the alligator type claps at most fuel islands and twisting in a tie down just for fueling seems silly.

Everything else is painted. Maybe the unused ADSB out antenna?:eek:

After 35 years clipping the ground to the exhaust there has been not even a decent scratch on the exhaust.

If your ads-b out antenna is the rod and ball type, you will probably get the gator clip on it one time and it will be laying on the ground by he time you are done fueling. The exhaust has always worked well for me with no damage.

After six years of clipping to the exhaust, I have seen no ill effect.

The exhaust pipe.

After 35 years clipping the ground to the exhaust there has been not even a decent scratch on the exhaust.

After almost 19-years of using the exhaust stack as ground, no ill effects.

I once stopped at an assisted self-serve fuel stop and the young lady asked me where to put the ground. Told her the exhaust. She said the last guy asked her if she knew how much the exhaust costs? I asked her if she knew the cheapest thing about flying? She said no and I told her the pilot.

Back