What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

CHT probe question

Mike S

Senior Curmudgeon
I just brought my new -10 project home, and the first problem I have bumped into is this.

The engine is equipped with a Slick Laser ignition which needs a CHT input. The sensor included by Slick is a bayonet style.

All of the bayonet CHT ports are already in use by probes for the GRT system.

So, the question is this------can I subsistute a ring style sensor for the bayonet style, for the Laser to use??

I have called Unison, but all I got was a "leave a message, and someone will call"----so I figure I will get a response here faster than waiting for them to call back.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

Mike, unison has a dual output CHT probe for this very purpose. It only takes up one spot and feeds two CHT inputs. I believe the part number is listed in the LASAR ignition manual. If not, Unison should certainly know what you are talking about. I don't remember, but A/C Spruce might have it, too. I would go this route before I would use the spark plug sensors. They are not as accurate as the bayonet type, and typically don't respond as fast.

Vic

Thanks

Vic, just as I suspected, someone out in VAF land would have the answer, and as I stated above, would beat Unison to the punch in getting back with the answer. I am still waiting for the promised return call.

Thanks,
Mike

LASAR dual probes

LASAR Dual point "K" probe, M5340-02, dual point "J" probe, M5340-03. Be sure when mounting that shielding is protected, and probe fits properly in cylinder head.
TT
RV10. N968TP

Back