What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

2013 Oshkosh RV Social

How much beer?

• One for me.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Two please.

Votes: 98 38.0%
  • Three is about right.

Votes: 89 34.5%
  • Four or more.

Votes: 51 19.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DanH

Legacy Member
Mentor
f52at4.jpg

2013 Oshkosh RV Social
Monday July 29th
1366 WEST WAUKAU AVENUE​
Starts When The Airshow Ends
(Ends When The Kegs Run Dry)​

It's on!

First the Big News; we have a fabulous new location, the back yard at 1366 West Waukau, one of the handful of private homes just outside the main gate a few blocks west of the control tower. Nationair Aviation Insurance leases the yard for the week, and they have agreed to abandon it and run for their lives on Monday evening so properly lubricated tall tales and lies may spring forth for the amusement of all. Please look for Jenny and Shanna and thank them in some appropriate way. They will be at 1366 all week with cool drinks and shade for weary aviators.

Here's the map. Easy walk from anywhere. Near the bus center, and parking if you have a car. No parking at the house (sorry!).

4hujrn.jpg

The Beer Fairy has arranged for a keg wagon with three choices, no charge:

New Glarus Spotted Cow (what would Oshkosh be without Spotted Cow?)
Bell's Two-Hearted Ale (for the hop lovers)
Lakefront Fixed Gear (yep, that's the name, a red ale with a kick)

PLEASE USE THE POLL ABOVE so the Beer Fairy knows how to load the wagon.

It's a yard party. I'm told the tent setup isn't quite a big as the one at SOS, so bring a chair or blanket if you have one.

A certain popular vendor of avionics....

11awoz4.jpg

...is bringing beer munchies (and famous tee shirts). Pick up a sandwich if you desire staple fare.

Want to hand out door prizes, bring pizzas or juggle chain saws? Cool! Send a PM and I'll take it up with the Beer Fairy.

We had a very good time last year. This will be even better. See you there!

Last edited:
We don't drink, but my son(18) and I are still looking forward to meeting everyone. Maybe you need a designated something?

Hope to be there

Have not booked my trip yet, but I do plan on being at Osh. If I make it, a few beers for sure

I have had my room booked for about 10-months and my AirVenture week pass is paid for.

I may have a pax. I invited my 82-year old mother to fly with me to Oshkosh. She is thinking about it. She does not drink beer so my vote is all you need to count for brew.

I'll be there, but Tyson is missing the show this year. I voted "one" but won't actually be drinking it. Perhaps a "zero" option would help you get proper counts?

--
Stephen

I voted two, my wife is coming to OSH for the first time! There may be three if I can get my son to stop building for a few days, he works me like a dog 11 hours a day. He seems to think we can build the whole airplane before fall semester.:)

Thanks!!!

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the work on this. Great location. Hope we don't cause it to be a one shot deal.:eek:

JD Air will be providing a few gift certificates for a variety of worthy criteria.

Should be lots of fun.

It's been a year already since we last saw the Beer Fairy on VAF! :eek: Thanks for all your hard work Dan. We'll see you there!

How about wine?

Since some of us do not drink beer, would it be OK if I brought some wine? I could have two exclusive vintages; cheap red and cheap white.

Beer Fest!

Dan,

Thanks for putting this on! Carol and I will be there. Camping in Home Built Camping this year, out of the 'Borrowed Horse' Your location makes for a short walk.

Looking forward to seeing everyone

My wife and I are planning to be there. No beer, but we will bring some fun.

Looking forward to first flight of the RV10 in two days!!!!!

Thanks for the work on this. Great location. Hope we don't cause it to be a one shot deal.:eek:

Noisy drunks will be wrapped in duct tape and delivered to UPS. You have been warned ;)

JD Air will be providing a few gift certificates for a variety of worthy criteria.

Excellent!

Since some of us do not drink beer, would it be OK if I brought some wine?

Sure. That's the beauty of a private location...bring whatever food and drink you want.

It's been a year already since we last saw the Beer Fairy on VAF!

We don't let her out much...bad breath and no underwear.

Last edited:
2 each?

My son Mike and I will be there. He only a few years our of college and won't turn down any beer. We voted for 4. Looking forward to this, the premier
OSH event!

Louise and I wouldn't miss it...but I'll let her vote for her own beer quantity!

This should be great Dan - thanks for setting it up.

Thanks for organizing Dan. We'll see you there!

BTW, you'll find the food and beer to be much better this year on the AirVenture grounds.

But, this party should definitely be off the grounds. :D

You da Man Dan

Wow Dan this is great. Never been able to attend the events that were later in the week. Monday night is perfect. Looking forward to meeting some of the VAF Superstars and personally thanking all who have helped me on my build. Do you think that the official VAF greeter Mike S will attend. Love to meet that guy.
Thanks again Dan.

Did you say Beer? You bet we'll be there. We closed down the joint last year and will aim for nothing less this year.

IMG_0264.JPG

I plan to be there with one "BIG IF"! I just started phase one and the weather really stinks! 7.6 hrs so far for two weeks effort. Rain and wind in next weeks forcast too! Yuck......

Then, who took the photo????

That is Tanya (Cookie) and Dave (Taco) Buono. AKA, partners in crime! Notice she is carrying my hat from the day. I got up out of that chair right there and only then noticed that we were the last ones there. I turned around and snapped that shot. I assure you, everybody else that was there was already sound asleep somewhere else :). Very much looking forward to this year. I've killed a few trees with my copy of the Notam on the coffee table this year, have you?

Bump.

Scheduling your OSH visit? Every RV builder should make these three:

RV Social, Monday evening after the airshow (the Beer Fairy loves you).

Van's banquet, Tuesday evening 6PM (for sure Van loves you).

EAA Annual Membership Meeting, Wednesday morning (http://youtu.be/JFvujknrBuE).

Hi,

Seems like a great idea! :)

Do we need to reserve tickets or can we just show up...?

Regards from Norway,

Trond M.

Since the rest of my "Team" won't arrive until Wednesday, I've decided to arrive on Sunday so as not to miss anything fun. I'll be in HBC until my presence is required elsewhere later in the week. Looking forward to this event!!!

Just a little more than 4 weeks until departure...the Beer Fairy is so excited she peed her pants (again).

Looks like 353 tasty servings reserved. Make your plans and use the poll so we have enough for everyone.

Oo! fun! I cant wait!

Just a little more than 4 weeks until departure...the Beer Fairy is so excited she peed her pants (again).

Looks like 353 tasty servings reserved. Make your plans and use the poll so we have enough for everyone.

Almost afraid to ask, will there be any, how best to put?? Non-brewed beverages? (non-alcoholic) If not, we can bring some.

I'll be there along with my two grown sons whom I hauled to OSH every year when they were young (my wife and I started at Rockford in 1968) starting in the late '70s when we had the BD4. We still remember camping where the warbirds now park and having all kinds of weather.

They are very excited and I'm proud to bring them to the "RV social gathering" and they also like beer...

link to RV Social

Hey there..what's the link to the RV Social at 'kosh? My wife and I would like to attend.
Cap't Dave
rv-7
C-GCPD

Almost afraid to ask, will there be any, how best to put?? Non-brewed beverages? (non-alcoholic) If not, we can bring some.

Think of it as a community gathering. Within the bounds of decorum you can bring anything you want. If you want something other than beer you better bring it, 'cause our girl ain't the Soft Drink Fairy ;)

Hey there..what's the link to the RV Social at 'kosh? My wife and I would like to attend.

Ummm...the first post in this thread?

I'll definitely be there and I'll help consume some of the beer that some of the others won't be drinking. I wouldn't change the head count based on those choosing not to destroy their liver. I understand that the party ends when the beer low level light comes on, but I didn't see a start time...... I'm not saying its not there..... could be like one of the statements in the plans that says "make sure you drill this hole before you do that", that I usually miss. So.... what time do we all show up? (Or where does it show up in bold letters on the invite).

So.... what time do we all show up? (Or where does it show up in bold letters on the invite).

f52at4.jpg

2013 Oshkosh RV Social
Monday July 29th
1366 WEST WAUKAU AVENUE​
Starts When The Airshow Ends
(Ends When The Kegs Run Dry)

USE THE POLL PLEASE
so we know how much beer to order​

Last edited:
I voted 4+ but that also includes a couple for my dad (he'll be coming too but doesn't have a VAF account, so I'm voting for him).

Me three

I really only voted for two, but surely someone has already said me too. I am also assuming that one's RV doesn't have to be flying to be an RV Folk. If two doesn't do it, I will sneak some of Steve's wine.

present

me, wife Katia (2 beers), daughters Giorgia (not yet rated for beer) and Lisa (absolutely not).

We'll be there, again after 2011; we can't wait !

See you

ps : poll done

Scotch?

I can't believe there hasn't been a post yet about scotch? Never fear, I will be there with a dram or two to spare for like minded folks! Can't wait to see everyone again.

For those who know Lucas at Trutrak...you may recollect that he previous did not accept drinks that were offered. As of this spring I have officially ruined him ;-) he not only likes beer, but scotch too!

Oops...was that out loud?

I can't believe there hasn't been a post yet about scotch? Never fear, I will be there with a dram or two to spare for like minded folks! Can't wait to see everyone again.

TruTrak will be displaying its new "Tent Finder" autopilot system...an area nav guaranteed to maintain within 30 degrees of wings level in biped mode, and even better in quadruped mode.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

TruTrak will be displaying its new "Tent Finder" autopilot system...an area nav guaranteed to maintain within 30 degrees of wings level in biped mode, and even better in quadruped mode.

I guess the secret is out!

Dan has been a loyal beta tester of this new top secret technology for quite sometime. I suppose we will soon have to share it with the world!

Back