What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Prop wanted for o320

pylotttt

I have an rv-6A with an O-320 and a Sensenich prop. The prop has less than 70 hrs since new but I really want to do a 3 blade prop.
I am considering the Sensenich ground adjustable and the Cato. I just sent a request for pricing on a GT prop.

I'm looking for recommendations, good, bad, or other.

Also if someone wants to buy an almost new Sensenich Aluminum prop I may have one for sale soon.

Thanks,

3 blades versus 2 blades

Hi Rob, I was considering a change to 3 blades on my RV9A and then after being reminded of all of the issue's with lower cowling removal and blade scraping and paint scarring I changed my mind. It is a "PIA". I know, I also have an RV10 with M/T 3 blade and that alone discourages me from dropping off that lower cowl as often as I really should. I have decided to look for a spare "climb" prop instead and would be interested in yours when or if it comes up for sale. Please PM to me the SPEC's on your old prop IE: pitch or model #. or send via email to esealing at gmail .com Thanks and good luck with your search for a new prop. Ed S.

Stick with what you have

Rob
You have a very good performing prop already!!!!!

Consider how changing to a different prop will effect your weight and balance.
The only time a 3 blade looks good is sitting motionless on the ground.
You cannot beat the prop you have for low maint time and cost.
Dont let vanity or performance rumors lead you to decision you might regret. I made the mistake of letting mine go and ended up regretting it.

Cm

Rob
You have a very good performing prop already!!!!!

Consider how changing to a different prop will effect your weight and balance.
The only time a 3 blade looks good is sitting motionless on the ground.
You cannot beat the prop you have for low maint time and cost.
Dont let vanity or performance rumors lead you to decision you might regret. I made the mistake of letting mine go and ended up regretting it.

Cm

+1

From what I have read here, it also seems that 3 blade FPs give up a knot or two in speed at cruise relative to a 2 blade.

Back