What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

James cowl/Plenum instructions

Hey folks. I'm looking for a set of instructions for the James plenum for an IO-360. The only set of instructions left on the site are for 390's, and they're not quite the same. I have all the templates for the baffles still, but the instructions walked off at some point. A pdf or even photocopies of those instructions would help a lot.

For those who successfully installed the James plenum, did you really have to move the fuel spider to get it to fit? After all the headaches I've gone through up to this point, my fun meter is absolutely pegged, and jerry-rigging the fuel system on my brand new engine is not thrilling me.

Brooks
RV-7 in rebuild.

Send me an email, that gives me yours, and I'll send all the copies of SJ instructions that I have. PDF files.

Hey folks. I'm looking for a set of instructions for the James plenum for an IO-360. The only set of instructions left on the site are for 390's, and they're not quite the same. I have all the templates for the baffles still, but the instructions walked off at some point. A pdf or even photocopies of those instructions would help a lot.

For those who successfully installed the James plenum, did you really have to move the fuel spider to get it to fit? After all the headaches I've gone through up to this point, my fun meter is absolutely pegged, and jerry-rigging the fuel system on my brand new engine is not thrilling me.

Brooks
RV-7 in rebuild.
I am 99.99% certain I did not have to move the fuel spider on my 7A, James cowl with plenum. BTW, I used Van's baffles and cut them down rather than building from scratch.

Back