What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vertical power forums gone

Don Patrick

Well Known Member
I just went to the forum last evening to look for some help with my VP100, and everything is gone?

Chad, what gives?

Don

VP forums were hacked/attacked by spam back in June, and were subsequently taken offline in July when we launched the new website. The info is archived, and Ballard is unsure of if/when we will bring them back. Currently looking at other platforms and cost to do so. There was zero activity on the boards in the months prior to the attack.

I'll see if I can find info in the archives if you would like.

hi chad,

would be great if you could find some way to release "legacy" documentation and material (maybe limited to actual product users/owners) on the discontinued products. maybe even with more than what was posted on the website at the time. (source code, sdk?)
in particular, we are interested in the long-term serviceability of our VP200 and want to keep flying it (love it! way ahead of its time :)
we already hunt for spares but one day, this may not be enough.

the forum content also belongs to this kind of info. there were some interesting threads and exchanges at the time, which would be a shame if lost forever.
maybe some "best of" could be redacted one-time and shared as a pdf or the contect zipped for us to be able to mine for information? this does not need to be luxurious or expensive and also does not need to be an active forum / or even associated with ballard these days in fact.

thanks for considering!

cheers
bernie

Back