What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Airventure -- From the POV of a 10 year old Youtuber

7DeltaLima

Well Known Member
Afternoon all -

I've read through most of the posts on the "gotcha's" of Airventure and I'm quite pleased that I wasn't on the ground on Saturday night and even more thankful that I was watching the tango line of airplanes safely from my computer on Sunday afternoon rather than in the middle of it.

With all that being said, I thought you might enjoy a different POV. This one from my 10 year old grandson who fancies himself as a budding cinematographer. He's been around and in these RV's his whole life but it was the first "real" visit to Oshkosh for him. Here's a link to his Youtube video of the first day at Oshkosh. Click on it and enjoy and at a minimum, you'll blow his mind that someone watched it :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym1J4LKqdtw

Going to Oshkosh this year was a special time for me as I got to
  • Go with my son
  • Go with two of my grandsons
  • Take both the RV7A and the RV10 to KOSH together for the first time

Perhaps the most refreshing thing was seeing Airventure through the eyes of my 10 and 8 year old grandsons. Yep, I spent time looking at the new glitzy "stuff" but by far the most enjoyable to me personally was to see and share their excitement of just seeing planes, all kind of planes. It reminds me of why I still slip out of the house and look to the sky when I hear a rumbling in the sky. You never know if its going to be the Full Throttle team passing overhead, something from the CAF or ???.

Flying is an enjoyment that I hope I never cease to enjoy!!

Hope you're enjoying the flight you've been blessed with!!

Back