What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Thunderbolt throttle cable

9erDriver

Well Known Member
Anybody come up with a cable mounting solution for the Thunderbolt IO 390 with Airflow Performance? Van's says for this combination "refer to the AP manual". Translation: "you're on your own, good luck".

Get that install kit listed above and use the stock throttle and mixture cables and it all bolts together nicely.

Attachments

• brackets proper (Large).jpg
    brackets proper (Large).jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 174
I have an FM-200C airflow unit hanging on the Thunderbolt YIO-390-EXP243; the AP kit seems to be for the FM-150. Confirmation that somebody got this to work with the FM-200C on the new EXP engine?

Many thanks.

Last edited:
So the FM-200 has throttle on one side and mixture on the other, and doesn't appear to be changeable due to the extra linkage on the throttle side. I got a message in to AP to see if they have anything that will work. If not, I suspect I'll just figure out and fab up a throttle bracket the 'normal' experimental way. I always like to see if anyone else invented my wheel first, though.

i-455ZgbT-XL.jpg

Problem solved

Problem solved, the throttle arm is indeed reversible. Thanks to Kyle at AP for his prompt reply to my email inquiry.

Throttle cable backorder

Thanks for the follow up on FM-200 throttle cable! Now if I could only get one…. 15 months and counting on backorder (along with a bunch of other it,s mostly to do with exhaust) ��

Back