What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SNF Outstanding Homebuilt 2016

bsacks05

Well Known Member
2dl189l.jpg

Congratulations to Tim Goddard for winning the outstanding homebuilt award at this year's Sun N Fun!

Tim taught me how to fly and convinced me that building a tail dragger RV was gonna be more fun than an A model RV. He has been building that "quick build" RV8 since he was my CFI in 2003. Its first flight was earlier this year. Running a flight training and maintenance shop probably took much of his time. He runs Aeroflight Training at the Perry, GA airport KPXE. I don't have any interior pics but there is some beautiful wood armrests and accents.

Last edited:
He got my vote!

I happened to be flying into KPXE (Perry, GA) last month to visit the huge Family Motor Coaching convention. (Bought an RV there, but that's another story and it doesn't have wings.) Tim Goddard was loading up his beautiful RV-8 for his grandson's first flight following Phase 1. The judges got it right on this one! Tim did a masterful job. Congratulations.

Turbo and I were walking through the home builts taking pics of the paint jobs when we came upon this plane. I spent quite a while talking with Tim and his wife. They will remember me cause we were discussing the merits of side by side vs tandem seating with a new builder. I believe this was on Tuesday. I told them they were going to win best of show without even seeing all of the other aircraft. Terrific eye for detail and finishing. Being a wood person, I especially appreciated all of the hard work done to fabricate the armrest out of an old fireplace mantel. Very cool. I still wouldn't recommend this for anyone who uses the armrest to rest their elbow on in Florida as it will cause a significant burn. (Ask me how I know) Anyway, congrats to Tim and maybe I will have to put in for judgeship next year.

I have seen this beauty at Perry.. Congrats Tim .. well deserved.. sorry we missed you at SNF.

Back