What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flap switch RV-9A, can I use

ron sterba

Well Known Member
Bringing up the last two wires to the panel. my flap switch has tiny screws with TINY nut plates. Just a bear to get the first one on. Can I just forget the screws and put spade tip type connectors on instead. They fit rather snug..and I think they would actually fit better and I would not have to worry about a screw coming loose.

Ron in Oregon RV9A
Your thoughts always appreciated!

Sure you can do that. Just leave a service loop incase you have problems with them in the future and have to go back to ring terminals.

(I pulled the switch out of the panel, put the wires on it w/ ring terminals, and reinstalled it.)

Thanks Bill, sure makes it a whole lot easier. It's the ONLY switch that has these screws. Everything I bought slide on spade connectors. Enjoy buddy

Ron in Oregon

Last edited:
hmmm. Considering the Flap switch passes some of the highest current levels in the RV, a spade connector will be more susceptible to arcing. I'd try to use a terminal lug if possible. At a minimum use dielectric grease to minimize arcs.

Back