What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Engine Hung Today!

BruceP

Well Known Member
Hi all,
Red letter day for me, I got the engine hung. For those of you who think it can't be done by yourself...it can. I did it by myself from first bolt in to last bolt in 35 minutes. It actually took me longer to torque and cotter pin the nuts than it did to hang.

DSC01809.jpg

Nice

I am in the process of doing this soon on my 7A. I have concerns about having the fwd top skin not riveted in place. I noticed you have the clecos in place on the sides, so you are in the same phase as me. Did you have any concerns?

Hakan Langebro

Hakan,
No, I didn't have any concerns and I think the large majority of builders don't have the skin on at this point because of all the wiring and mounting of the various instrument modules that must be done after hanging the engine. Although I think some may have had more of their panel done prior to hanging the engine than i did but mine is currently being built by Stein and won't arrive for a few weeks yet. Either way I wouldn't worry about having the top skin on as all of your critical structures are set in place by this time.

Bruce

Back