What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First flight of N729PG

Paul 5r4

Well Known Member
Hello everyone! I finally flew the RV7A for the first time. I did have some CHT's higher than I wanted but they came down when not climbing. It flew hands off straight and level with no signs of a heavy wing. The visibility simply can't be described... I'm use to a cessna 152! After landing I found no indications of any problems/leaks. Here is a shot of my RV GRIN along with a link to a short video of the flight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3TrK96qPog&feature=share

I had a great ground crew too... all pictured at the end of the video. WHAT A RIDE!!!!!!!!

zo6s6f.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Many congratulations, Paul! That's some great inspiration early this morning. Great looking crew you've got there, too!

Way to go Paul

Enjoyed the video very much this morning. Loved the sound of your voice as you got ready to go. Can't land a 7a any better than that, excellent nosewheel hang time!

Way to go, fly safe.

That's great. and what a landing!

BTW, what's your builder number. Still keeping track of the lowest # active project not flying. As near as I can tell, it's 70238.

my number is 72874 and Thanks everyone for the congrats. It is a great feeling. Keep pounding the rivets.... it IS worth it.

Great job

Way to get it done and flying. Enjoy every hour up there. Nothing better than flying a plane you built and being able to fly when you want.

Back