- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 03-20-2021, 06:28 PM

Default Woo Hoo! Avionics Delivered!

So today my dual Dynon system was delivered from Steinair. I called my neighbor who owns not one but two Cirrus SR22s (1 for winter and 1 for summer [summer one has AC]), and asked him if he wanted to come over for the un-boxing and inventory. He was suitably impressed with the advanced technology going into my RV-12iS.

Now if I only had something to actually put this stuff in..... Sounds like it will be another 8 weeks before Vans can ship my fuselage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210320_162601.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	436.0 KB
ID:	9520  
N488ZC reserved
Old 03-21-2021, 06:38 AM

Nice! Can I ask how long it took from final payment to delivery?
RV-12iS Empennage, Fuse, Finish, & Avionics Kits #121228
N781PT Reserved
Old 03-21-2021, 09:03 AM

Placed the order with Vans on 12/28 and paid full amount at the same time. They shipped their part to Steinair on 2/1. I got everything from Steinair yesterday, 3/20. There are a couple of items on back order from Vans that are part of this kit. A mounting bracket for the radio and a bag of hardware with some clamps and things plus some screws. As I haven't gotten the fuselage yet it won't matter at this point.

Vans asked shortly after I placed the order if I wanted them to hold it since the avionics usually did not have as much lead time as the other kits but I asked them to send it on hoping I would be getting the other kits when they were actually supposed to ship. Ha ha.
N488ZC reserved
Old 03-21-2021, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyspoon View Post
Placed the order with Vans on 12/28 and paid full amount at the same time. They shipped their part to Steinair on 2/1. I got everything from Steinair yesterday, 3/20. There are a couple of items on back order from Vans that are part of this kit. A mounting bracket for the radio and a bag of hardware with some clamps and things plus some screws. As I haven't gotten the fuselage yet it won't matter at this point.

Vans asked shortly after I placed the order if I wanted them to hold it since the avionics usually did not have as much lead time as the other kits but I asked them to send it on hoping I would be getting the other kits when they were actually supposed to ship. Ha ha.
Ok, thanks. I was just curious. Either the back-ordered items are now in, which would make sense since you got yours, or they are specific to the Dynon package, because Van's told me their lead time is extremely short and then Steinair would be "a little less than 8 weeks on their end." I placed my order (Garmin package) and paid the 25% down, expecting to owe the balance in ~8 weeks... turns out they need the balance paid up front before they can kick off Steinair.
RV-12iS Empennage, Fuse, Finish, & Avionics Kits #121228
N781PT Reserved