What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My Advanced Panel is here!!

dwranda

Well Known Member
UPS delivered my new Advanced panel from AFS. It's beautiful and I am excited to be learning how to install.
20201230-130847.jpg

20201230-132043.jpg

20201230-131734.jpg

We love ours and working with Advanced has been nothing short of a pleasure.
I'm sure you'll have a similar experience...:D

Advanced Flight Systems

I've had flawless operation with my AFS 5600T for almost 5 years now.

IMO, you should not buy any brand of avionics until AFTER you have talked with Rob Hickman at AFS.

That's very cool.

What sort of navigator are you going to put in there? And are you wiring all up yourself or having it done?

Your panel looks great.

Do you know who make that center switch panel?

Is the switching on the left custom made or is it proprietary to Advanced?

That's very cool.

What sort of navigator are you going to put in there? And are you wiring all up yourself or having it done?

I am not putting in a navigator yet and actually thought there would be a plate covering that hole. I had them put the hole in for one in the future. I will be doing the wiring since it is pretty much plug and play with the exception of running some wire to the ACM and putting connectors on. Should be something I can handle.

Your panel looks great.

Do you know who make that center switch panel?

Is the switching on the left custom made or is it proprietary to Advanced?

As far as I know it's all proprietary to advanced, but not really sure. You may be able to buy the switches from them.

You will love it. I had them build mine with (2) 11" Dynon HDX's and an Avidyne IFD 540. The folks at Advanced Flight Systems are nothing short of wonderful to work with. I can not say enough for the support I have received from Rob Hickman.

You will enjoy the installation as well. It is very well documented.

I am not putting in a navigator yet and actually thought there would be a plate covering that hole. I had them put the hole in for one in the future. I will be doing the wiring since it is pretty much plug and play with the exception of running some wire to the ACM and putting connectors on. Should be something I can handle.

In the past we provided a powder coated cover plate that mounted on the screws that hold the radio stack mounting angles. Since the RV-14 radio stack trays mount to the airframe panel ribs it made it difficult to use the cover plate.

We are currently having new black cover plates 3D printed that will snap into the open navigator hole making them really easy to install, we should be sending them out in the next few weeks.

Rob Hickman
N402RH RV-10
Advanced Flight Systems

That looks great! I'm going with AFS as well. Is the plate on the right sized for another 5600T? I thought including a flap switch on the switch panel might push the displays too far outboard but you seem to have lots of room.

The width of the switch panel with the flap switch only interfered with the supports between the panel and sub panel. They get around that by extending the bottom of the panel a bit. They gave me the option of not having the flap switch there. They can do pretty much whatever you want i think.

Panel cuts

Do the do panel cut out for any aircraft?
I’m doing a Dynon panel in a bonanza for a customer and would like to have the overlay cut.

I'm starting my RV14A behind the panel layout with the Advanced ACM and Dynon HDX, radio, AP.... Anyone willing to share a photo of how they laid out all the parts behind the panel?

Back