What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AUSFLY (Australia) - Video

Remag

Well Known Member
Well we had the inaugural AUSFLY fly-in and airshow over the weekend just gone here in Narromine, Australia. The event was organised by the SAAA (out EAA) and in particular, one of our VAF members.

While it may not be Oshkosh yet, it is a start. Here is my video of my AUSFLY experience (plenty of RV?s to be seen).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfUVVDiMuaI&feature=g-upl

Thanks Jon, would have been nice to see your fantastic orange machine in the flesh. Look forward to next year.

Hi Mark, I also was not able to make it this year. It does look like a great turn out. Great video style, I enjoyed the clip. Thanks for posting.

That is sooo cool!

My wife and I did an air tour with Goana Air Safari's back in October 2001 and Narromine was one of the places we stopped. It's so cool seeing it in your video and recognizing a lot of it. We want to go back for a visit to Australia, best vacation (or should I say holiday);) we have ever had.
Thanks for the look back (and forward) in time.

Thanks

Very nice video, it's cool to see the Australian flag hanging from a guy experiencing an emergency for a change. We will be traveling the east coast in a year from now. Any aircraft gatherings this time of the year other than at Narromine? Can't tell you how much and how long I have wanted to travel to Australia, might not be able to get rid of me. :)

Rando

Don

Come back for AUSFLY 2013.

This was an awesome weekend, we called it OZkosh :D and it is just the beginning.

That video may be the start of a Team RV kind of thing for next year. Mark knows already.

If we can get some input from the team RV guys that would be great, but either way, it is a credit to my team of folk who helped me get this off the ground.

We learned heaps, and all I can say is, I must be mad, but we are doing it again.

Mark..... be careful what you wish for my friend. No escaping now! :D:D

Thank you to all who attended.

Come back for AUSFLY 2013.

We learned heaps, and all I can say is, I must be mad, but we are doing it again.

Thank you to all who attended.

For those who do not know, David Brown (RV10inOz) is the honorary Vice President of the Sport Aircraft Association of Australia and the prime mover behind the creation of Ausfly.

This was more than just a fly-in or an airshow. It was the coming together of several disparate Australian aviation organisations to cumulatively show their wares in an act of solidarity. That David Brown was able to create a bridge between these organisations and generate such a wonderful outcome says as much about his embracing personality as it does about his energy and administrative skills.

Fantastic work David. And I'm glad to hear that you'll be saddling up again for Ausfly 2013, which will almost certainly be a bigger event given the universally positive feedback from the inaugural show. :)

Back