What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Digiflight II versus AFS Autopilot

briand

Well Known Member
What's the advantage of the TT "branded" AP? Why is it $1700 more? Why would TT make and sell their AP to a competitor at a price that allows them (advanced) to under-cut the manufacturer (TT)?

What's the advantage of the TT "branded" AP? Why is it $1700 more? Why would TT make and sell their AP to a competitor at a price that allows them (advanced) to under-cut the manufacturer (TT)?

AFS and Trutrak aren't competitors. Trutrak is the OEM supplier of the APs that AFS sells. It is a very tight and complimentary relationship. Also, when was the last time you ever paid list price for something? Resellers sell both products at a discount.

The differences if your have an AFS EFIS is that you'll have a few more button pushes on the AP if you use the genric TruTrak model. There are also some differences in how the AP will function if the EFIS should fail. None of these are major differences.

If you are planning on an AFS EFIS, just get the AFS AP and build on.

bob

AFS and Trutrak aren't competitors. Trutrak is the OEM supplier of the APs that AFS sells. It is a very tight and complimentary relationship. Also, when was the last time you ever paid list price for something? Resellers sell both products at a discount.

The differences if your have an AFS EFIS is that you'll have a few more button pushes on the AP if you use the genric TruTrak model. There are also some differences in how the AP will function if the EFIS should fail. None of these are major differences.

If you are planning on an AFS EFIS, just get the AFS AP and build on.

bob

Bob is right on here. I'm glad all you guys are here to answer my questions for me. :)

Back