What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

jacking up the RV-10

Yes, I have used the tie down rings. I have special adapters that screw into the wing and slip over the top of the jack. This helps minimizes the risk of the jack slipping off the jack point.

RV 10 jacks

I used the adapters several time on my ten. I called Vans and they stated they use them also.
Randy Means
N595rv
150 hrs and going strong

Has anyone tried using the tie down ring locations as points of jack support on an RV-10? (as has been done with smaller RV's http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=82111&highlight=tie+ring)

An A&P IA called me today to ask how to jack up an RV-10. Well I don't know, but I gave him my bolts with nuts jammed onto the ends that screw into the tie-down ring receptacles that I use on my RV-6. I observed the operation and it worked fine. The whole idea seemed pretty novel to him.

Thanks for the responses. The bolts-into-the-tie-down-holes idea seems like it should work well but I'm concerned about slipping off of the jacks. I called Vans and was told that they no longer sell the adpaters. Does anyone know where I can still acquire those or similar adapters? I'm hoping to avoid fabrication (which is definitely not my strong suit).

Back