What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Battery Direction switch

I am hooking up two batteries in my RV 10 and would like a on-on-on toggle so I could use either batterie or both. I am sure it is a simple thing but apparently I have been folded up in my panel too long. Would appreciate assitance from you masters.:)

Several options, but why not just use two separate toggles, each with an on or off position? Adds to the redundancy so you don't have a single switch fail and lose both batteries.

greg

I used

two of the Cessna type red split rocker switches to control the battery contactors for my two 680 batteries. Works and looks great. I can run either or both and have no single point of failure. Currently, the alternator side of the both switches control the single alternator , but if I ever add a backup alternator, I'll be ready to go...:cool:

2 Switches

More than one way to go.
I know you are looking for a single switch to handle 2 battery relays.
I cannot remember ever seeing one of those.
Here is what a lot of builders do.

IMG_0761.JPG

IMG_0758.JPG

These switches are available everywhere. In my case, I used the one that came with Van's wiring kit and added one to it. The alternator field function is connected between the 2 battery switches so each switch is a fully functional master switch.
While I only have one buss, this set up allows for easy seperation of essential
and emergency buss if I ever decide this will be neccesary.

Back