What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AA6-187 X 2 X 2,1/2 X 12 Angle to small?!

Pilottonny

Well Known Member
Hello,

I made the two F-601J firewall angles, 3" long each, from the 12" piece of 2 X 2,1/2" angle supplied with the Fuselage kit. Now I still need to make the two tank attach brackets, but they are 3,7/8" long each! How is this supposed to come out of the 12" piece?

Will there be an other piece of angle in the finish kit to make the tank attach brackets? Has anybody else had this problem?

Regards, Tonny.

Tonny-

I just started making my fuse-tank brackets a couple days ago and only had enough material for 1 of the two. I'm not sure if that is because I made more than 2 firewall angles (can't remember, but might have) or because Van's provided too little material (also a possibility).

In any case, I would encourage you to NOT make/shape the fuse-tank brackets until you mate the wings. That way you can start out with a slightly oversized piece of angle and then trim it down/shape it after all the holes are already drilled to the fuselage and to the tank bracket.

Good luck.

Tonny,
I can't speak for the -9, but on my -7 there was a 12" piece of 187x2x2.5 with the fuse and wing kits. I made my tank attachment angles before the fuse ever showed up.

- Mike B

Tonny,
I just looked through the parts list and I find that I received an AS6-187x2x2 1/2x12 in the wing kit and another identical piece with the fuselage kit. So you might want to go back and look through your left over parts.

BillC said:
Tonny,
I just looked through the parts list and I find that I received an AS6-187x2x2 1/2x12 in the wing kit and another identical piece with the fuselage kit. So you might want to go back and look through your left over parts.

Ditto here, Kit #91314

bullojm1 said:
Tonny,
I can't speak for the -9, but on my -7 there was a 12" piece of 187x2x2.5 with the fuse and wing kits. I made my tank attachment angles before the fuse ever showed up.

- Mike B
same here on my 9a
-mike

Angle in wingkit to be used on fuselage?

Thats right, I also received a 2 X 2,1/2" angle with my wingkit (don't know what length), but that was used to make the tank attach brackets for the tanks. I have a smal piece left which is not enough for another bracket. (maybe I messed up one and had to remake one, I can't remember). I gues I will have to order some angle with my finish kit.

Thanks, Tonny.

Back