What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N47PM is out of the paint shop

Pmerems

Well Known Member
Advertiser
My RV-7A is finally out of the paint shop. It took longer then expected and a lot of stress but I am proud to show the RV community my bird. I learned a few things about aircraft painting in the process which I will share in another post.

I haven?t weighed her since the paint job and I am hope she is only about 25 lbs heavier.

Just out of curiosity, what comes to mind when you see the black graphics on the side of the plane. I know what inspired it for me but I am very interested in the impressions of others.

Enjoy the photos.

N47PM-1.jpg

N47PM-2.jpg

N47PM-3.jpg

Really nice choices.

Well worth 25 lbs if it's that heavy. What are the colors? Red looks to be leaning toward orange. Are they pearlescent?

Congratulations!:D

Well worth 25 lbs if it's that heavy. What are the colors? Red looks to be leaning toward orange. Are they pearlescent?

Congratulations!:D

The paint is JetGlo (Matterhorn White) and AcryGlo (Firecracker-red, Black). The Firecracker color surprised me with a slight orange content. It also surprised the paint shop. It is a new color in SW "Bold" color pallet and the shop hadn't shot it before.

At times it looks more red and at times it looks slightly on the orange side.

Paint

Since I've been in the basement most of the day deburring and dimpling, the black graphic reminds me of the repetative motion it takes to build one of these things. I might be over thinking this as my brain is is still in lather, rinse, repeat, lather, rinse, repeat mode :rolleyes:

By the way, I love my DRDT-2, DRDT-2, DRDT-2.

Four-holer!

Reminds me of a "four-holer" Buick.

My dad told me that was a tradition with Buick, even carrying over to the later model Buicks. "Three-holers" were more or less "Standard," but "Four-Holers" were the "Deluxe" Model. In his day, that would have been the Roadmaster.

Same with dress suits. You've got the three-button and the four-button. My dad always wore "four-button" suits and sport coats. That refers to the number of buttons on each sleeve. I only remember one Buick he had and it had the "four-holer" design on the chrome strip.

Think I'm kidding? Check it out! See "Portholes and Ventiports" on this page.

Nice paint job Paul?. With the wing reflecting up in the first photo, the graphics remind me of the lacing on a football? go Cardinals !

pk

Shark Gills

The original inspiration was shark gills.

However as I was working on the layouts it also looked like Indian war paint (the paint lines on Indian faces). Then it looked like the feathers on an arrow or feathers on an Indian ceremonial spear.

Some say it looks like a fish skeleton moving through the water.

Either way it inspires movement, flight, slight aggression........

I think I need a therapist.

Thanks for the input.

Back