What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

No longer need help in Venice, FL

hibeam

Is there anyone close to Venice, FL who can help a fellow RV traveller?
Moody Blue is having trouble with his electronic ignition and may have to miss the Caribbean trip with Rosie if he can't get it fixed quick. Need help troubleshooting the electro air ignition and or VP-X.

I'm an hour flight away, but would be happy to help. I could even send you a mag to pop in if you want. I have lots of misc parts in stock including VP-X pins and connectors. Call me if I can help.

My plan

I'm an hour flight away, but would be happy to help. I could even send you a mag to pop in if you want. I have lots of misc parts in stock including VP-X pins and connectors. Call me if I can help.

Thanks Jesse. I have been advised to check the pickup coil with ohm meter. Maybe it needs replaced. I understand the coil can be bot at auto parts store but I need the part number. Anybody know what that is. I I'll be checking for power to both units and then the pickup in the morning. Also will call electro air for advise. May need to take you up on your offer.

All,
Gene was able to fly to get a mechanical magneto installed and made it to Homestead on Monday night (13 April) about 2000. He arrived safely today (Tuesday) after 7 hours of flying to the Dominican Republic (Punta Cana) :) Rosie

Disaster averted.

Thanks to Jesse at Saint Aviation, Janet and I are now in Punta Cana with Rosie and the gang enjoying another Caribean Adventure. Jesse offered to loan us a mag and harness for the trip and we will take it off and return it later when I have time to troubleshoot the electronic ignition system. This is not the time to be throwing parts at the EI and hope they solve the problem.

After trying to trouble shoot the EI all morning Monday, I called Jesse about noon and then decided to limp into Marrion County (X51) on one mag and take advantage of Jesse's offer.
After dodging rain storms, we arrived at Sainte aviation and Jesse and I dove into the task of replacing the EI with the used, low-time mag off a Lycoming of the same model (As Rosie would say: What are the odds?)
After 2 1/2 hours, we were ready to launch toward Homestead to meet up with Rosie and the gang.
Thanks again, Jesse
You the man!

Thats great! Jesse is a great guy!

Enjoy the weather! It sure looks nice down there.

P.S. - does Rosie ever sleep? :eek: John, I do what I gotta' do...Rosie

Last edited by a moderator:
Back